Friday 7 February 2014

SHE, SHE-A, OR SHAY?

(Apparently it is pronounced 'shay').

For ages and ages and ages now I've wanted to try the Body Shop lip butters and it has taken me this long to finally decide I would spend the £4 and buy one. I decided to get the Shea one as Shea is very good for your lips and it was my favourite scent out of them all. (One of my main gripes about this product is that it only comes in a very few flavours: Shea, chocolate, coconut, grapefruit, mango, lemon and honey, and I wish it came in more). To me, Shea is quite a comforting and nutty scent which I think smells perfect for all the seasons.

I don't know if this was because it was brand new, but the first time I found it quite hard to pick up a decent amount of the product on my finger and putting it on made my lips look quite dry and horrible. However after about a week it was lovely and soft and easy. The one thing I must say is how beautiful and creamy/ buttery it felt on my finger (it smells a little bit buttery as well but that might just be me/ the scent of the Shea).

I use this religiously every single night (and sometimes during the day when I'm at home) as it does leave a white residue type thing around your lips that makes it look like you've got rabies, but when I wake up my lips are unbelievably soft and smooth and amazing looking and they're already ready to put on another lip product over the top without any prep beforehand. This lip butter is amazing and 1000% worth the hype.

My lips currently look absolutely amazing which I believe is mostly due to using this every night, I absolutely love it.

Just to add: I am loving the new(ish- it's been out quite a while) Body Shop packaging, the design is simplistic and beautiful and the whole look of a single image plus the matte tubs is just so much nicer than their old tubs which had more of a cluster-like image and didn't look as good (I make no sense, please look below for a comparison of the old body butter tubs and the new ones, and also the old and new Born Lippy pot designs).

No comments:

Post a Comment