Saturday 11 January 2014

DUSTING OFF YOUR SAVIOUR

I have an open love-hate relationship with the Body Shop Born Lippy pots as they are my favourite lip balms and they smell amazing but I find them very drying to the lips and too sticky on your fingers, the pigment is also not that great. I'd known for a while that Body Shop did a stick version of the Born Lippys but I had always ignored them as I assumed the flavours would be the same and there would be no point in my having a look. Oh how wrong I was.

When on Christmas day I opened a stick version of Born Lippy in purple my initial thought was 'oh look passionberry, yes, okay, I like this one' but it was actually a plum flavour that I can only describe as smelling like heaven (I cannot stress how amazing this smells I want to eat it or be it or smother it all over my body in a fit of madness). In reality the Born Lippy sticks are actually all completely different flavours to the pots (with the exception of strawberry which has got to be the Born Lippy's finest flavour- except maybe guava, I'm going off on  tangent here).

The formula for the sticks is much creamier and more of a balm than the pots, there is also much more of a pigment (I have only tried out the plum flavour which is purple in the tube but comes out as more of a sheer purple-pink), however I am assuming that the others will also be quite pigmented. The lip balm feels amazing on your lips, it makes them so smooth and lovely and it doesn't leave a weird white rabies-thing around your lips like a lot of other balms (and the Born Lippy tubs) do.

This lip balm is my saviour- it moisturises my lips to smooth perfection while adding the perfect daily purple tint (and we all know how much I love my purple lips more than anything) and in a super short time it has become one of my most favourite lip products in the world ever.
Wow indeedy; pretty accurate representation of the colour though comes out more sheer- you can slightly see the darker colour of the tube here.

I am absolutely so much in love with the Born Lippy sticks and will 1001% be buying more I cannot recommend them enough.
(My friend actually bought one on my recommendation when we were in Body Shop the other day, going mad and spending fortunes, she got the pomegranate one which is bright red in the tube and comes out a red-orange colour on the lips).

Born Lippy Pot Flavours:
Raspberry
Satsuma Shimmer (has a shimmer if the name was not clear)
Strawberry
Watermelon
Passionberry
Guava (unknown if this is still available- I believe not)

Born Lippy Stick Flavours:
Lychee (has a slight glittery shimmer to it)
Plum
Pomegranate
Strawberry
Toffee
Pink Berry

Everything is so much less stressful now that I don't have to blog every day anymore, it's quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment