Tuesday 17 September 2013

NOT BABY LIPS AGAIN...

I apologise for the awful quality of my photos.
American packaging
 
I wrote here about my first Baby Lips 'Quenched' (or 'Hydrate' in the UK) and I mentioned how I was thinking of better another one (and in my haul post which is yet to be uploaded, you'll see that I did but 'Peach Kiss' like I said I would). I feel like I've written about Baby Lips far too much recently but I couldn't not compare the too once I had them.
I have actually found some quite significant differences between my two Baby Lips, Quenched/ Hydrate and Peach Kiss; I don't know if it's the two different flavours and what's in the product or the fact that one is from America and the other is from the UK.

English packaging

First up, the packaging is different. When I bought Quenched (the blue and pink one), I wanted the packaging to look more like the English one does; the American one had a blue tube with pink writing on it, when you take the lid off you expect the writing to just be on the lid, but the lid is actually also blue with the writing still on it. Peach Kiss (the purple and orange one) is how I though Quenched would look, the tube is purple and the lid is clear with just the writing on it. Personally I prefer the packaging for Peach Kiss, which is the one I bought in the UK.
Peach Kiss (English)- This is what I am talking about with the lids

I have found that they feel different on the lips. When I wrote the first review I said that it felt quite thin on the lips, but Peach Kiss actually feels a little bit thicker than Quenched; it's not the thickest of lip products but it doesn't feel as thin as the other one. Despite the strong colour of the product and all the swatches people have done on their hands over time, I have not found Peach Kiss to be that tinted, and it is not sparkly like everyone online said it was; neither of these are a problem for me, however, as I do not particularly want brown, sparkly lips.

Quenched (American)- This is what I am talking about with the lids

The product itself, I actually think that the American one is a slightly wider product, not too noticeable unless you study it as strongly as I did. The smell of the peach is very strong in the tube, possibly a bit overly strong but not as sickly as the other one smells, however the smell wears off after a while; this is something that many may have a problem with but I like because it means I don't have to go around smelling overly strong peach under my nose all day.

You can sort of see it but Quenched (the blue one) is slightly wider

I much prefer Peach Kiss to Quenched, after I bought Quenched I was a bit put off Baby Lips but I love Peach Kiss and my faith in Maybelline's Baby Lips has been restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment